Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ready to die for homemade frozen yogurt?

     So I think I have discovered a secret for getting through the side effects of the Tecfidera, especially at night when the side effects seem to be worse.  Since I am also diabetic, I can't eat traditional ice cream, or else that's probably what I would try instead...who wouldn't?  But since there is not much to be said for the sugar free ice creams on the market, I tried this instead. 
 A couple of years ago, while visiting with a friend of mine, her husband brought me a mug with some Greek yogurt in it asking if I wanted some.  It was vanilla flavored, and they were adding cherries and strawberries.  Simple, and delicious!  Since then I have altered their recipe, so to speak, and this is what I have come up with!  I think it's to die for, and,  if my husband knows I have some,  he comes snooping around in order to sneak some of mine!  Sometimes I will take pity on him and make extra so I can share.

I make this one serving/batch at a time...I don't measure, just eyeball it, so these are approximate measurements.  Figure out what works for you!  Also, I have tried to substitute regular yogurt for the Greek and it just doesn't work or taste the same.

3/4 - 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/8 -1/4 cup sugar free Cool Whip thawed
2 packets of Splenda    (can adjust to taste for more or less)
1 tsp vanilla

Stir the above together until creamy and smooth. 

Add frozen fruit of your taste about 1 1/2 cups total.  I use:
2-3 Tbs frozen pomegranate seeds
4-5 frozen,  pitted Bing cherries
3/4 - 1 cup no sugar added frozen triple berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) from Sam's Club.

Mix together immediately, but then let set for a few minutes.  Re-stir, and enjoy!

Be well my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment